The Fiefdom of Cleve is a Territory in the LARP game, "The Dreaming". The territory is based in Cleveland, OH. For more information on the dreaming, go to http://dreamings.ning.com.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Journal of the Accords 1

This is an example of archiving of a dreamwalk/gathering. This is from the point of view of my character, Rill. Any resonance I gained from this adventure would link back to this post (which is mirrored on the site).

Journal of the Accords, 2010-3-13


This evening, I traveled to the Inn of Doors, hosted by Althryoth in hopes of spreading the ideals of the accords. What was expected to be a simple gathering with food and drink, where I'd be free to converse with others about the accords, turned into something different.

For whatever reason, Althryoth had a door that lead to Fae in his bar. While I long for Fae, the door actually lead to a sinister terrible part of Fae which was most feared before the monsters came.

I'm speaking, of course, of the maze of convolutions. A prison that the unseelie used to trap beings for exteremly long periods of time. While it still seems sinister in nature, it seems like the function of it has changed some since the fall.

The portals that normally guide through the maze are now activated by talismans that you find in the maze. If you run out of talismans, it simply takes you back to the door in the Inn. I avoided the maze at first, not knowing whether you'd ever be able to come back. Since others had come back, I figured there'd be no problem in investigating further.

Two Fae were rescued, and while I wasn't there for their liberation, I seem to recall it in my memories. There is still one other Fae that appears to be trapped in the maze, although it is unknown if he is still alive at this point.

On two separate occasions, I traveled into the maze. In my first adventure, we stumbled upon a vampire that could not be killed permanently by conventional means. Were it not for Kal's quick delivery of poison, we may have perished in that very room. As the vampire regenerated, we escaped through a portal, stumbling into a room with a pond filled with clear blue water with extrordinary healing powers. After taking a rest, the group decided it would be best to dip our weapons in the water, as vampires generally don't take kindly upon healing effects. The strategy worked, and as far as I know the vampire is dead for good, unlike most of the denizens of the maze which keep coming back. We then stumbled upon the man named Benedict, who others can tell more of the story about. My second trip was simply an attempt to collect talismans so another group could catch Benedict.

While that is all well and good, the real goal of this visit was to generate interest in the Accords. I had a chance to recruit several individuals (Kal, Althryoth, Thomas, and Gwen, each given an Ace in accord with their background), I was unable to provide more information to Erek, Wampa, and Mr. Red, as I met them shortly before Wampa killed Erek and Mr. Red killed Wampa. Perhaps the Accords would have prevented such a base killing of Erek, but it is not important, as dwelling on the past is of no use to anyone.

I still seek to speak with Erek and Mr. Red about the accords, but now that we have 5 people involved, we can start to draw up the contract of the Accords. More on that in a separate journal entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment